Asbestos testing is important If you are living in an older home. The reason is this, there is a good chance that, if you are living in a home that was built prior to 1970, asbestos may have used in its construction. Predominantly, asbestos was used in basements, attics or roofs. Before the significant health risks of asbestos were brought to light, the mineral was readily available and it was an inexpensive material that could be used in a variety of ways. It was used to fill spaces, cover items, to keep flames lit, heat in, cold out, and damp areas dry. Many thought of it as a almost a miracle mineral. If your home falls into this category here are some places you could check. Asbestos was used to cover steel beams, water and sewer pipes, ducts, stovepipe rings, electrical wiring, vinyl and linoleum flooring, and acoustic tiles. You might find it near your boiler, furnace, or fireplace. Some of the asbestos may likely have been mixed into cement, siding, plaster, stucco or caulking. In that case it won't be visible to you. In any event, asbestos is a dangerous material and you should not try to remove it yourself. For assistance with an asbestos issue in your home contact moldbusters by visiting their website at http://www.bustmold.com. And check us out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/bustmold as well.